Instagram is a popular platform for people to share fun memories and connect with friends and family online. But Instagram might be annoying too. Whenever you go through your Instagram feed, you might go through posts and stories that might be annoying. In that scenario, there is an option to mute their posts and stories. But sometimes, we might regret muting someone on Instagram. In that case, you can also unmute them. This article will take you through how you can unmute posts and stories on Instagram.
You can also learn how to efficiently unmute someone’s story on Instagram.
Unmute Posts/Stories on Instagram
After you have muted someone, you might want to unmute them to start viewing their posts on your Instagram feed. You can unmute their posts and stories by going to their profile and unmuting it from there, and here is how you can do it:
- Open your Instagram and Go to the Profile you want to unmute.
- Click the Following button on the profile.
3. Select Mute, and you can see toggles to unmute their Posts or Stories.
4. You can mute/unmute posts and stories from the person separately.
Unmute Stories on Instagram
If you just want to unmute someone’s story on Instagram, you don’t have to go to their profile. You can find all the unmuted stories on your Instagram feed and then unmute the Instagram stories from the feed. Here is how you can unmute stories on Instagram:
- Open Instagram and Scroll through your Instagram Stories until you see a grayed-out Instagram story at the end.
- Tap and hold the greyed-out story.
- You will get an option to Unmute or View their profile.
4. Click on unmute to unmute their stories on Instagram.
Mute Posts on Instagram from the Feed
Muting posts on Instagram is quite a simple process. You can do it from their profile, just like we showed in the muting process above. And you can also mute someone’s post by opening it and muting it from the post itself.
- Open your Instagram and scroll to the person you want to mute on Instagram
- Tap on the three dots on the top right corner of their post.
- Tap on Mute and Select Mute Posts
- Now, their post will no longer appear in your Instagram feed.
View Muted Accounts on Instagram
You might have muted many people and lost track of those you have muted. Don’t worry. You can view all the people you muted all at once. You can find the list of people you have muted in the Instagram settings, and here is how you can do it:
- Open your Instagram app and go to your profile.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines at the top right and Select Settings.
3. Go to Privacy and Scroll down to Muted Accounts.
4. Tap on Muted Accounts, and you will find the list of profiles with muted stories or posts. You will also be able to see what you have muted under their profile in the list.
Instagram won’t notify users if someone mutes them on Instagram. They can’t know if someone has muted them. Instagram has made it more accessible for users to hide posts and stories from people they dislike without letting others know. The muted person will not have a hint that you have muted their posts. They might be noticing you haven’t liked their posts on Instagram, but that doesn’t denote that you have muted them.
You can hide your stories easily from specific followers by going to your story settings and then hiding some people from viewing your stories. They won’t be able to view your story, but everything else will remain the same. Hiding your posts from someone isn’t as straightforward as hiding a story, but you can hide your future posts and stories from specific followers by restricting them. To hide your posts from someone, Go to their profile and click on the three dots at the top right corner. Click on Restrict and confirm it.
To mute someone’s messages on Instagram, Open your Instagram and Go to your inbox. Open the conversation and go to chat details. There you can mute messages and video chats from a specific person. After muting the person, you will still be able to receive and send messages to the person, but Instagram won’t notify you after every message. You must go to the inbox to view their message and open their conversation.
When you mute someone on Instagram, both of you can see each other’s profiles and still message each other on Instagram, but you won’t be able to see the posts and stories from the person you mute. Whereas, after restricting someone, although they will still be able to message you, Instagram will move their message to the message request. The restricted person won’t be able to see if you have seen the message and if you are online. They will be able to see and comment on your posts, but Instagram will hide all their comments, and only you will be able to see them.
You can’t mute everyone on Instagram through the app. Currently, Instagram has set a limit between 100-150 people you can mute every day, and you can only mute up to 7500 people in total. Some third-party apps claim to mute hundreds of users at once, but in that case, Instagram might even block your account or restrict your account due to unusual activity.