Muting someone’s story is a great way of taking a break from their content without unfollowing them. Instagram knows there is a time when you may find some content boring or not interested in it anymore; that is why they have offered users the mute option. But what if you mute someone by mistake, or you don’t even know you have muted them? Here are simple ways to follow on How to Unmute Someone’s Story on Instagram.
3 Simple Ways to Unmute Someone’s Story on Instagram
Users can easily unmute a story without using any third-party tools. These involve using your mobile device, which you can use on Android and iPhone.
Method 1: Unmute Someone’s Story from The Instagram Feed
This method allows you to unmute a story by looking at the stories displayed on your feed. If you have no idea which accounts are muted, this is a great way to know and unmute them.
- Launch your mobile Instagram application.
- On your Instagram stories, scroll through towards the end.
- Find the muted story. When you mute a story, it will be displayed, but it will not have bright colors like other unmuted stories. The muted story will be greyed out.
4. Long-press on that account after finding the muted story.
5. Select the Unmute Story option from the presented options.
You will know you have unmuted the story when you see it change the color and then disappear from the end of the queue of your stories. You can locate it on your stories and view it if you wish.
Method 2. Unmute Someone’s Story from Their Profile
If you know the account you muted, you can navigate their profile and use this method to unmute them.
- Ensure your Instagram application is running.
- Open the Instagram account whose stories you have muted. You can use the search icon to search for an account.
3. Click on the Following drop-down menu, which will show various options, Mute being one of them. You will see what you have muted regarding the account: posts, stories, or both.
4. Click the Mute button.
5. Toggle the button to disable it. If it is the posts you muted, the button will be blue. Disable it by clicking on it.
Use Settings to Unmute Someone’s Story on Instagram
This method is suitable when you don’t know the accounts you have muted. In such a case, you must use the Instagram settings to find the account and unmute it.
- After opening Instagram, Click on your profile picture at the bottom-right of your screen.
2. Click the three parallel lines icon on the top right of the screen.
3. Select the Settings option from the menu that pops up. It is at the top of the list.
4. Navigate through and choose the Privacy option.
5. Scroll to the bottom, under Connections, and select the Muted accounts option.
6. You will see a list of all accounts you have muted. Select the one you wish to unmute.
7. Select the Following drop-down menu.
8. Select the Mute option from the offered options.
9. You will see, Stories of that account are muted, select the button to disable it. It should turn its color to grey after unmuting it.
When you unmute an Instagram story, it will be removed from the end of your stories feed, and every time that person adds something to his story, it will show a colorful ring around it. Moreover, if you play the stories automatically, they will be played with other stories.
Frequently Asked Questions
Instagram allows you to unmute someone’s story in different ways. You can unmute a story from your Stories feed by finding it at the end of the stories feed, long-pressing on it, then selecting the unmute option. You can also unmute a story from the Instagram settings.
If you have muted a story and don’t know it, you can navigate to the settings and find the account from muted accounts. First, you must click on your profile picture, click the hamburger icon, select Settings, then Privacy. Navigate towards the bottom of the screen, then click on the Muted accounts options. All stories you have muted will be listed there.
If you used to see some stories on Instagram and are not seeing them, you probably have muted them. When you mute someone’s story, it will not be played when you play other stories. Moreover, if it’s some stories you wish to see in the future, you must ensure you follow that account. Otherwise, you will not see the stories they post without following an account.
In some cases where you have blocked some accounts on Instagram, you are no longer availed the option of unmuting their stories. You must first unblock them, and then you will be able to unmute them. Also, if you stop following someone, you will not be able to see their stories, nor will you be able to unmute them.
When you mute a story, it will be moved to the end of the story feed. The muted story will not have any colored ring that indicates new stories have been updated and will be greyed out, unlike other unmuted stories. If you want to see the stories in that account, you must visit them at the end of the bar or view them from the account’s profile.
Unmute Your Instagram Story
Unmuting an Instagram story is a simple task that does not involve third-party software or tools. Whether or not you know those muted accounts, this guide has explained three simple ways of unmuting someone’s Instagram stories.
Read out other article on How To Add Multiple Pictures To An Instagram Story?