Ever since Instagram launched, many people have joined this platform to share pictures and videos with their followers. While posting pictures and videos on Instagram, users might tag someone mistakenly and want to know how to untag someone on Instagram.
It is easy to untag someone from your Instagram post by editing it. Read on and follow the step-by-step guide discussed in this post.
You can also learn how many people you can tag on Instagram.
Method 1: Untag Someone on Instagram Using a Mobile Phone.
- Open the Instagram app on your phone and select the profile picture icon at the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Once the profile page is opened, select the post from which you wish to untag someone.
- Press the three vertical dots button at the top right corner of your post.
- Select “Edit.”
- Tap on the photo to see the tagged person’s name. Press “✖” appeared with the name to remove the person from your post, and then press “✓ “.
- Choose ✓ to save your changes.
Method 2: Untag Someone on Instagram Using Desktop.
- Head to Instagram from your desktop’s web browser and press the profile picture icon at the top right corner of your screen.
- Select the post you want to edit and remove someone from.
- Click on the three horizontal dots button to access the post settings.
- Choose “Edit.”
- Click on the photo, and the tagged person’s name will appear. Click “✖” to untag that person. Select “Done.”
No, Instagram doesn’t inform users when they are untagged from a post. Furthermore, Instagram won’t send a notification even if you hide a post from your profile. However, they might get to know about this when they check your post manually.
If someone wants to remove themselves from a comment on Instagram, they would need to block that particular person or just ask them to remove the comment. Apart from that, you can’t do anything.
Yes, you can easily remove yourself from a tagged Instagram post. Just go to the post and tap on the three-dot button. Tap “Remove me from the post,” and you will be removed from that particular post.
Go on a tagged photo and choose “hide from my profile”. The post will disappear from your profile and under the tagged photos section. However, you will remain tagged in the photo, but it won’t appear in your profile anymore.
Posts with removed tags will no longer show the tagged person, but it will keep appearing in the feed and search results, and people will be able to see it. If you want to remove the post, you can request the person to remove it.