Originally created as a private protection measure for the American Naval Research database in September 2002, Tor has evolved into a private network that allows its users to view and access content and websites anonymously. Tor is an abbreviation for The Onion Routing service. This article includes a detailed guide on How To Use TOR On iPhone?
Tor protects its users’ information while they surf the internet by using private and encrypted IP addresses. Online users can browse the internet anonymously, making it difficult to trace their internet activity without an advanced tracking system. They are also free to explore and communicate privately through their private IP addresses.
But note that regular web surfers do not usually visit sites accessed with a Tor browser. Most of these sites harbor explicit or illegal information. It’s also known as the “dark web.” Visitors are prone to exposure to illegal and sensitive content. Viewer discretion is advised.
Tor is developed as an application and can be installed on Android phones and iOS devices. Tor can also be installed into Linux, macOS, Microsoft Windows, and BSD operating systems. If you are wondering how to use a Tor browser on your iPhone, this guide will explain how to install, set up, and use a Tor browser.
Let’s get started!
How to Use Tor on your iPhone?
If you don’t have Tor already installed on your iPhone, follow these steps to download Tor and enable it on your browser.
1. On your iPhone’s home screen, tap on the App Store icon to launch the app.
2. Tap on the Search icon at the bottom tab here.
3. Go to the Search bar here and enter the TOR Browser keyword.
4. From the list of results, select the Onion Tor browser here.
5. Tap on GET to begin the installation.
Use your Touch ID or enter your Apple ID to confirm the download in case the Tor Browser isn’t free or has in-app purchases.
6. After some minutes, the app will be installed on your iPhone. Tap on Open to open the app directly from the Apple App Store.
7. Select the Connect to Tor option. Not all Tor browsers would display this option for you to choose from. Some Tor Browsers would be automatically set up on your iPhone without having to allow the Connection process.
8. Begin your anonymous browser across the internet on your iPhone with the Tor Browser.
FAQs On Tor Browser
Yes, you can. A highly recommended Tor Browser for iOS devices is the Onion Browser. It is a free Tor-based internet browser that strictly secures the user’s IP address easily and safely. With this, you can be free and expressive online with an anonymous identity.
The Onion Tor Browser is the best browser for iOS devices. It is specifically designed for iOS as it lacks some features for other operating systems like Linux, Windows, and macOS.
A Tor browser securely conceals your IP address whenever you’re online on the internet. It also hides your browsing activity and prevents you from being tracked online.
Although it’s very difficult to do so, it’s certainly not impossible. You can be traced through your IP address with high and advanced tracking software. For more guaranteed security, you can install a secure VPN to reduce the chances of being traced and exposed.
Due to its ability to mask its users’ identity, Tor is usually sought after by journalists and online investigators who’d rather keep their identities hidden to gain important information or content. With For, your identity remains hidden and can be very difficult to reveal.
Read another article on How To See Incognito History On iPhone?