The Wayback Machine is a digital archive that serves as a time capsule of internet content. It is helpful if you want to see something that a user posted several years ago but has already deleted. For example, if you want to see how a person’s Instagram account looked like several years ago, you can, thanks to Wayback Machine. Learn How To Use Wayback Machine For Instagram in few quick steps.
Steps To Use Wayback Machine For Instagram
- Go to the Wayback Machine website: http://web.archive.org/
- On the home screen, you will find a field at the top of the page asking you to enter the URL of the website you wish to view. Copy and paste the URL of the Instagram account that you want to see, then press “Enter.” If the URL is not available, you will be led to a page with a notice stating that the website has not archived that URL.
- If it is available, a page containing a timeline at the top and calendars at the bottom will open. Select the year that you want to explore.
- You can choose the exact date by clicking on the blue circles on the calendar. The green circles also represent snapshots, which will redirect you to another page.
- You can hover over or click a particular date to see how many snapshots of the website the service has for that particular date.
- Click on the timestamp of the snapshot you want to see.
- Scroll through the available pages until you find the post you are looking for.
Wayback Machine has a record of websites starting from 1996. If it has recorded any from your given URL, you can find it there.
You can also easily learn How Can I See My Old Posts On Instagram.
FAQs On Using Wayback Machine For Instagram
If you’re unable to update your Netflix payment information, there may be an issue with your credit card issuer. Contact their customer service agent and ensure that the card information you are trying to enter is correct and up to date. You may also try to add an alternative payment method.
No. In fact, the archives of webpages on this service can be used as legitimate evidence in the US courts.
Yes. The Wayback Machine has been cataloging all publicly available content online. This includes some social media profiles.
Go to the archive’s website and enter the original URL of the website you want to explore. Press enter to see if the Wayback Machine has cataloged its pages. If it has, the next page will show a calendar showing dates with available snapshots from the website. Click on the date that you are interested in and scroll through the available snapshots.
This online tool allows you to see how websites worldwide looked at different points in time. It houses over 563 billion snapshots of different web pages, and more are added every day.