If you just got a new Xbox one controller and you’re looking to get it up and running on the Dolphin emulator, then you’re in the right place. In this article, we will teach you how to use Xbox One Controller on Dolphin, including how to set it up and play your favorite games with full control. Let’s dive right into it!
Steps To Configure Xbox One Controller on Dolphin
Below is a step-by-step guide to set up your Xbox One Controller to work on the Dolphin emulator.
- Launch Dolphin and click “Controllers” in the top corner
- Under Controllers, select “Standard Controller” in port 1, then click “Configure”.
- A huge configured screen should appear. At the top-left corner, select “xinput/0/Gamepad” to choose your Xbox controller.
- Next, click ‘A’ and press Button A on your controller, click ‘B’ and press Button B, Press Button X for ‘X’, Button Y for ‘Y’, press the Shoulder R for ‘Z’, and Press ‘Start’ for the Start option
- At the bottom-left corner, Under the D-pad, change Up, Down, left, and right to Pad N, Pad S, Pad W, and Pad E, respectively.
- Under Control Stick, Click the ‘UP’ option and push the stick upward, downward for Down, and do the same for left and right options.
- Navigate to the C-stick section. Using your right-analog stick, push the stick upward for UP and downward for Down. Do the same for Left and Right options
- Next, navigate to the Triggers section. For L analog, click and push your analog stick left. For R analog, push the stick right
Once you follow the instructions above, your Xbox One Controller will be correctly configured. You can enjoy your games with your Xbox one controller
Make sure the Xbox One Controller drivers are installed on your computer before you launch Dolphin.
Frequently Asked Questions
Now you have learned how to use it, check out the Q&A section below in case you may have other doubts about using Xbox one controller on Dolphin.
If your Xbox One Controller isn’t working in Dolphin, you’ll have to change the controller settings. Navigate to the Manage shortcut section and select the Controller tab. You will see the “Controller Application” option, deselect the “Allow Desktop Configuration” option, then click on ‘Ok.’
Several controllers are compatible with the Dolphin modulator. You can use Xbox One and Xbox 360 controllers, along with other controllers like Wii remotes.
To connect your Xbox controller to your PC, Right-click the Bluetooth icon in your system tray and click “Add a Bluetooth Device”. Click on “Add Bluetooth or other Devices,” then choose “Bluetooth”. Click on “Xbox Wireless Controller”, and wait till you see the Guide button light up. The Bluetooth menu will show that your controller is connected.
Yes. A sensor bar is required to connect Wii Remotes
Yes. To use a wired Xbox One Controller on a PC, simply plug a USB cable into the controller and a USB port on your PC. Microsoft will install the necessary driver. Once this is done, the Xbox Guide button will light up. You’re now successfully connected.