Quora has become an excellent platform for people to gain and share knowledge through a platform. Many people can ask different questions on Quora, hoping for someone to answer them. Most of the time, people receive an answer to their question, which might or might not be helpful. People can get quality answers to different questions on the platform. This article includes a detailed guide on Why Can’t I Delete My Quora Account?
Despite it being a helpful platform, some of us might also want to get rid of the platform and completely delete our account. It might be because of different personal reasons or the data breach the platform suffered in 2018. While trying to delete our account, some of us find an easy way out, whereas others don’t know how to delete quora account. In this article, we will talk about how you can quickly delete your Quora account.
Steps To Delete Quora Account
Deleting Quora is a pretty straightforward process. With a delete account button in the account settings, you can quickly delete or deactivate your account from the website. Here are the steps for you to delete your Quora account
- Open Quora and Log in to your account.
- Tap on your profile picture from the top right corner.
- In the drop-down menu, Select Settings.
- On the Account settings, click the Privacy button on the right.
- On the Privacy tab, you can see two options: delete or deactivate your account.
- Deactivating your Quora Account means that your account will no longer be active on Quora, but the content you have posted will still be available.
- Whereas Deleting your Quora Account means that all the information associated with your account will be deleted from Quora, including all the photos, votes, posts, messages, and other content you have posted on the platform.
- If you want to delete your account, click the Delete Account option.
- A pop-up box will appear for you to enter your password. If you have logged in through linked accounts from Facebook or Google, you need to create a password before you delete your account.
- Now, Enter the password and click Done.
- If you have logged in with Facebook or Google, follow the instructions and create a password. After creating a password, you can start from the first step to deleting your account.
Deactivate Your Quora Account
Note that once you have deleted your account, it is irreversible. If unsure about your decision, you can deactivate your account whenever you don’t want to use Quora. Once you confirm to delete your account, it will be immediately deactivated, and if you don’t log in within the next 14 days, the account will be permanently deleted. Even if you delete your account, you still have the next 14 days to reverse your decision.
During the 14-day, your account will stay deactivated, meaning your profile will be hidden, but all the content posted through the account will still be visible on the platform. But on some occasions, if you want your account to be deleted before the 14-day, you can contact Quora through the contact form to request to delete your account sooner.
FAQs On Deleting Quora Account
By default, your Quora profile and the posts you made on Quora will be available for indexing in Google search. But don’t worry. You can easily prevent your Quora from appearing on Google searches. You can go to your Privacy Settings tab and toggle the option to No for “Allow search engines to index your name.” So now, your profile, the posts with your name linked, or the answers you have provided won’t appear on Google or any other search engines.
To reset your Quora password, simply visit the settings from the website. On the Account settings, click on change password. You will be asked to enter your current password in the pop-up. Enter your current password and click on change password. You can log out and enter the login screen if you don’t remove your existing password. Click on Forget password, enter your email address. Follow the instructions and reset your password from the reset link.
If you have a correct answer to your question, it is better to post it despite you being the one who asked the question. Generally, when someone asks a question, they are looking for an answer. But you might have gotten the answer to the question outside of Quora, and your post still doesn’t have an answer. In that case, it is better to answer the question yourself despite it being your post. It might sound unusual, but don’t worry. It is better to answer the questions on Quora, whether it is another’s post or yours.
If you have multiple Quora accounts that you might have created accidentally, it is better to delete the secondary account. You can’t merge your multiple Quora accounts. Instead, you can manually transfer the posts into your primary account. Quora policy states you can have only one account, so you must delete your other account.
Read another article on How Do I Unsubscribe From Quora Digest?